Friday, February 8, 2013

Universal Design for Learning (UDL)


It has always been my belief that as educators we need to understand our students on a personal level.  This means we understand our student’s individual roadblocks and understanding their level of learning.    Sometimes we forget that not all students learn the same and developing lessons that meet the needs in a variety of ways is critical.    After reviewing the Universal Design for Learning  (UDL), I found myself reflecting on the lesson I created and immediately knew that there needed to be adjustments made.  I have attached a checklist of my lesson below.  Notice I have designated areas as “features” and “barriers”.  Features represent areas that the lesson provides UDL and barriers are areas that need reworking with the addition of UDL.   

No comments:

Post a Comment